LARK Material Handling Company a global leader in the forklift and material handling industry, has an immediate opening for a Forklift Sales Manager in their Lexington, KY location.
The overall goal for this position is to develop and implement the company’s sales, and advertising programs, policies and objectives to achieve maximum market penetration and at the same time increasing profitability and appropriate long range growth through the proper direction and coordinating efforts of sales and dealer support personnel. Directs the sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and market share growth that is in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the sales of our products. Responsibilities include management of all sales functions specifically in the regional sales team for North America and Canada.
Develop and implement training and development programs for company and dealer personnel. Under the direction of the VP Sales & Marketing manage the dealer relations with independent dealers/owners. Maintain close relationships with various internal departments and managers to provide assistance to relative field problems. Maintains close working relationships with Legal, Finance, HR, Parts and Tax departments to insure that sales policies are in accordance with corporate policies and legal guidelines. Business relationships outside the company include customer and dealer daily contacts to maintain CLARK image and promote the sales of all products, and services both wholesale and retail.
Direct the administration of:
• Sales and services operations, including profit and return on capital assets.
• Rental & leasing business
• Dealer operations, including the proper training and other support activities
Direct the development of strategic and tactical sales plans and programs regarding industry penetration, product line composition, and price schedules. Direct administration of company’s sales communication system including training and communication programs and dealer meetings. Responsible for statistical analysis of company market size, annual national economic forecast, five year sales forecast and dealer statistical market information. Contribute to new product development and modification by sharing information obtained through research and service activities.
Develop and administer pricing policies to market our products profitably and competitively.
Responsible for dealer new equipment inventory levels including dealer pipeline, factory sales forecast and planning programs. Develop and implement strategic long and short term sales policies, programs and objectives.
Work with the VP Sales & Marketing in developing Sales programs to promote the sales of specific products and increase market share and promote CLARK full product line sales through product launches, dealer meetings, open houses and proper dealer stocking. Support the field sales team with customer calls and with sales follow up form information provided regarding target industries and customers. Create strategies to increase sales penetration as measured by the Industrial Truck Association (ITA) and ITA-Canada, plus known imports. Direct and approve all Sales and Marketing department manpower levels, personnel assignments, performance appraisal. Develop and monitor sales compensation programs in accordance with established policies to properly develop and motivate a sales and marketing team which assures excellent current performance and management continuity.
• Must be authorized to work in the US indefinately
• College degree in marketing, engineering or business management
• Ten (10) or more year’s management experience in directing sales operations preferably in the material handling industry with successful background in field sales, purchasing and other related areas.
• Thorough knowledge of all phases of sales operations, distribution systems, financial merchandising management, advertising promotions, and proven administrative ability.
• Strategic Orientation – able to contribute to the overall strategy, culture, and financial success of the company with specific expertise in strategic planning and execution. Able to develop a sales strategy incorporating unique company culture.
• Sales Leadership –Possess expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, able to translate sales strategy into specific deliverables and manage and capitalize on multiple sales opportunities. Able to select, train, develop, coach, mentor and retain a highly motivated sales force.
• Results Orientation – Proven ability to set and exceed sales targets, develop new business and manage relationships with dealers, national and major accounts.
• Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate, and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
• Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner.
• Analytical Problem-Solving & Decision Making – able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings, and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk, and short-term and long-term impact.
• Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
• Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, react swiftly to and able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
• Systems & Software – proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
CLARK is an EEO/AA employer that values diversity. In Keeping with this commitment we welcome applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business.
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.
Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business.
CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Sherry Myers, PHR
Human Resources Manager
CLARK Material Handling Company
700 Enterprise Drive
Lexington, KY 40510
Phone: (859) 422-6537
Fax: (859) 422-7476
Mobile (859) 619-9422
Send Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org