The Cost & Tax Accountant is responsible for the compiling and preparing cost accounting information to be reported within financial statements and operating results of the company, as well as, providing accounting and finance support and perspective in relation to cost accounting processes and procedures for various segments and divisions within the company. Manage and report on material and efficiency variances as it pertains to inventory / production management and fulfillment. In areas of Tax Management, this position will assist in the preparation and filing of Corporate Income Tax, Property Tax and Sales Tax at all levels of federal, state and local jurisdictions.
Nature and Scope:
The Cost & Tax Accountant is a part of the Finance Department. This position reports to the V.P. of Finance, and interacts with all levels of management.
• Assist in preparation of standard cost policies, processes and procedures, and executing standard costs rolls witin operating systems on an annual basis or as required
• Prepare and develop Sales & Margins reports including costing details and summary compilations to be used as basis of financial statement reports on a periodic basis
• Develop and compile portions of financial statements on a monthly basis, mostly pertaining to cost accounting but also including other financial reporting aspects. Participate in monthly closing and general ledger activities, and prepare account reconciliations and other schedules as necessary.
• Monitor and review standard and project costs and related routings pertaining to Bill of Materials within company financial and logistic systems. Assist in monitoring cost accounting systems available through various financial software used by Company.
• Assist in preparation of corporate tax strategies and policies, and ensure that these policies are being followed to result in appropriate tax savings
• Prepare and file all sales and property tax filings for all appropriate jurisdisctions on a timely basis, and assist with Corporate Income tax preparation and filing annually
• Prepare and file all 1099 information required with filing authorities as required
• Serve in an advisory capacity on all tax related matters to other employees within the company and promptly respond to tax inquiries and or questions
• Assist other areas within Finance & Accounting to address suppliers and customers as necessary, and assist with resolving discrepancies.
• Assist in developing and publishing yearly budgets and forecasts. Preparing various budget schedules including but not limited to Sales & Margin Budgets, Manufacturing & Production Schedules, Freight & Transportation Plans, and other various budgets and forecasts.
• Assist in developing various reports for Managers & Executives
• Insure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Prepare and complete work product, in a timely manner, and other internal management as required
• Communicate effectively at all levels of management, supervision.
• Support company policies and demonstrate concern for the success of the business.
Show effective concern for the quality of all output and the needs, concerns and priorities of all “customers” both internal and external to the company
• Four year degree in accounting or finance.
• Minimum of five years of accounting and/or finance experience
• One to two year’s corporate tax experience,
• Mastery of computer skills, including Microsoft Office, focus on MS Word/Excel & Access.
• Must have the ability to operate in a corporate environment, dealing with all levels of management.
• Must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or duties. Efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job. Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business. CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of the position at any time. Must be able to work in the United States indefinetly.
This position description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.
Incumbents may be required to perform other duties as assigned or as required by the needs of the business.
CLARK Material Handling Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Sherry Myers, PHR
Human Resources Manager
CLARK Material Handling Company
700 Enterprise Drive
Lexington, KY 40510
Phone: (859) 422-6537
Fax: (859) 422-7476
Mobile (859) 619-9422
Send Resumes to: email@example.com